Our mission is to support history students in meeting their academic and professional goals. We want to point you to exciting opportunities, invite you to grow intellectually, encourage you to prepare for life after college and help ensure you stay on track for graduation.
Schedule an Appointment
Please use this link to schedule an appointment: Appointment Scheduling System - My.ATLAS Portal - U of I (illinois.edu) Choose “History Advising” from the drop-down menu. Let me know - using the questionnaire linked to the scheduler - whether you would like to meet in-person in my office (Gregory Hall 305), over Zoom, or over the phone. The in-person option is available at all times except for Wednesday and Friday afternoons (1:00-5:00PM). Email if you don't see a time that works for you.
What can we help with?
- Declaring a history major
- Declaring a history minor
- Providing information on the History Honors track
- Planning out semester schedules and longer-term course planning
- General Education and residency requirements
- Checking your progress toward completing degree requirements
- Credit/no-credit forms
- Inquiries about the social studies secondary education minor
- Study Abroad history course approval and helping locate Study Abroad programs
- Potential internship opportunities and career planning
- Developing a plan of study which aligns with post-graduate educational or other post-collegiate plans
- Discussing post-graduation plans (career/graduate schools)
- Connecting with other campus units for help with problems
History Advising Blog: Visit the History Undergraduate Advising Blog to get up-to-date news and to learn more about opportunities and resources! https://llinoishistoryadvising.wordpress.com/
Advising for Prospective Students:
We welcome the opportunity to talk to prospective students about the strengths of our department and about the varied and interesting careers a degree in History may lead to. Please feel free to contact History Advising by email if you have questions, or call Stefan at 217-300-0112 to schedule an appointment.
Please make an appointment using the online scheduler.