McKinley Health Center
1109 S. Lincoln Ave., Urbana, 333-2711
McKinley serves the students and graduate spouses at UIUC. Though there is a health service fee for McKinley, the GEO-negotiated contract states that the university waives this fee. McKinley coverage includes appointments with doctors, nurses and counselors; diagnostic tests done on-campus such as lab work and x-rays; and medications prescribed by McKinley health providers and filled at their pharmacy. The fee does notcover immunizations or any costs incurred from off-campus services. In other words, if you have a problem McKinley cannot handle and they refer you to a local doctor or hospital, the health service fee will not cover those costs. Most prescription medications are offered for very low prices at the pharmacy. They also have diagnostic, mental health, and wellness programs.
- Dial-a-Nurse (333-2700), available 24 hours a day, seven days a week, provides free phone consultations for health-related issues. A nurse will help guide you on the best course of action for dealing with your concern (self-care, appointment with a health worker, or emergency off-campus care).
- Medical Clinics, open Monday through Saturday from 8:00 a.m. to 4:30 p.m., provide primary medical care, treating injuries, burns, and fevers; handling diagnoses, treatments, and follow-up care for many illnesses; and conducting regular check-ups.
- Women’s Health Clinic (333-2701), open Monday through Friday from 8:00 a.m. to 5:00 p.m., provides routine annual exams and pap smears, contraception, sexually transmitted infection screening and treatment, including anonymous HIV screening, breast exams and pregnancy options counseling, and other health problems and concerns related to women’s health.
- Mental Health Clinic (333-2705), open Monday through Friday from 8:00 a.m. to 4:30 p.m., provides short-term therapy and treatment for mental illnesses, as well as counseling on stress and interpersonal relationship problems.
- SportWell Program (244-0261), open Monday through Friday from 8:00 a.m. to 4:30 p.m., is located in the Health Education Unit at McKinley Health Center. The center provides athletic trainers and sports nutritionists to help you deal with such issues as injury prevention, fitness management, and nutrition.
- McKinley Health Resource Centers (HRC’s)(244-5994) main locations are at McKinley Health Center and Illini Union, Room 40, lower level. At these sites, you can pick up such non-prescription medicines as cold care products, home pregnancy test kit, yeast infection treatment kit, wound care package, condoms, spermicidal gel, latex barriers, and health information handouts. There are also 2 satellite locations: African American Cultural Program (333-2092), 708 S. Mathews and La Casaq Cultural Latina (333-4950) 1203 W. Nevada.