Tenant Union
326 Illini Union
1401 W. Green St., Urbana, 333-0112

The Tenant Union is open Monday through Friday from 9:00 a.m. to 5:00 p.m. and helps students who have problems with their landlords, who are looking for housing, and who have questions about renting in Champaign County.  All services and materials are free because they are paid for by the Student Organization Resource Fee (SORF).  Contact the union to check landlords’ complaint histories, to have your lease reviewed before you sign it, to get help with rental housing problems, and to file a complaint against your landlord.  The union’s staff will give great tips on apartment hunting in Champaign-Urbana.   If you are looking for quieter areas, consider those farther from campus.  First St. to Sixth St. and Green St. to University Ave. contain lots of apartments, but most are filled by undergraduate students.  This area struggles with some safety concerns, especially at night.

University Housing includes two traditional residence hall options, Daniels and Sherman Halls, for graduate students.  There are a variety of apartment and lease options for graduate students with families as at least one resident of a Family & Graduate Housing apartment must be formally affiliated with the university.  Applications for university housing must be completed on-line at www.housing.uiuc.edu.