Kristin Lee Hoganson, a professor of history who has been at Illinois since 2000, has been named the Stanley S. Stroup Professor of United States History. The position is named after Stanley Stroup, an Illinois alumnus who obtained his bachelor’s degree in history in 1966.
- Kristin Hoganson, author. Penguin, 2019.
- Kevin J. Mumford, author. University of North Carolina Press, 2016.
- Lillian Hoddeson, editor. University of Chicago Press, 2015.
- Robert Morrissey, author. University of Pennsylvania Press, 2015.
- Bruce Levine, author. Random House, 2013
- Fred Hoxie, author. The Penguin Press, 2013
- James Barrett, author. The Penguin Press, 2012.
- Leslie Reagan, author. University of California Press, 2012
- Professor Kristin Hoganson's latest book "The Heartland" digs into the local history of where she lives and discovers a place very different from what she - and many Americans - expected to find.
- This course examines United States urban history through the lens of Chicago.