04/19/2019 - Good Morning Illini interviewed Professor Tamara Chaplin to discuss the tragedy of the Notre Dame fire and the role of the legendary cathedral in French history and national memory.
04/17/2019 - Paris and the world were shocked to see Notre Dame in flames Monday, though its structure apparently has survived. The centuries-old cathedral is much more than an iconic tourist destination, according to Illinois history professors Carol Symes and Tamara Chaplin. They spoke with News Bureau social sciences editor Craig Chamberlain.
04/10/2019 - Professor Kristin Hoganson's latest book "The Heartland" digs into the local history of where she lives and discovers a place very different from what she - and many Americans - expected to find.
04/03/2019 - University of Illinois history professor Marsha Barrett is the recipient of a 2019 fellowship from the American Council of Learned Societies. er ACLS Fellowship will support work on a book about Nelson Rockefeller, in which she examines his career as New York’s governor to contextualize the decline of centrism and moderation in U.S. politics.
- Dr. Clarence Lang, interim dean of the College of the Liberal Arts and Sciences at the University of Kansas Appointed As Penn State's Next Dean
04/01/2019 - We are pleased to share the outcome of the search for the Susan Welch Dean of the Pennsylvania State University College of the Liberal Arts. Dr.
- History Professors, Terri Barnes and Mauro Nobili, Selected for First Round of the Discovery Partners Institute Seed Funding Grants
03/28/2019 - March 27, 2019 DPI announces first round of seed funding recipients Nine projects bring together faculty from across U of I System
11/18/2018 - You may know him from Peanuts as the German flying ace who always got the best of Snoopy.
10/10/2018 - On September 27, 2018 the History department hosted its annual Alumni Career Night. This year the department welcomed Melissa Hatfield, Brian Levitsky, Matthew M.
10/10/2018 - Check out this video featuring Marie Lynch and learn more about her company, Skills!
- Read More About Professor Matthew Sakiestewa Gilbert's Book, “Hopi Runners: Crossing the Terrain Between Indian and American"
- Welcoming Professor David Sepkoski to the History at Illinois Faculty as the Thomas M. Siebel Chair in History of Science at Illinois
09/19/2018 - David Sepkoski has spent his career blending the fields of science and history.
08/16/2018 - Brandon Nakashima went on a fruitful
- Professor Marsha Barrett answers the question: What should we make of the ‘68 Chicago Democratic Convention now?
08/16/2018 - It was an event that seemed to encapsulate the tumult of the 1960s. Police clashed violently with anti-war protesters in Chicago’s streets. Party factions waged political battle within the hall.
- Professor Nobili Receives NEH Grant for his Project, "Restoring the African Past: A Synoptic Edition and Translation of Two West African Arabic Chronicles."
08/08/2018 - Professor Mauro Nobili has been awarded a Grant from the National Endowment for the Humanities for $1