My specialization is modern European cultural and intellectual history. My research interests are social thought, comparative cultural criticism, and the history of the human and social sciences. My dissertation examines the merging of these fields in the postwar writings of Georges Bataille, Georges Devereux, Mircea Eliade, and Henri Lefebvre. I have taught a number of courses in modern European history, culture, and thought on such topics as modernism, primitivism, and social theories of religion.
- M.A., History, California State University, Los Angeles
- Fiction and Historical Imagination
- Western Civilization since 1660
- The Holocaust in Historical Perspective
- World Civilizations, 600-1750
- Social Theories of Religion