Bruce Levine Ph. D.
- The Civil War era; comparative study of bound labor, revolution, and emancipation; 19th century U.S. social, economic, cultural, and political
Current book project: Thaddeus Stevens, Revolutionary. Under contract with Simon and Schuster.
- B.A., University of Michigan, 1971
- M.A., University of Rochester, 1973
- Ph.D., University of Rochester, 1980
Distinctions / Awards
- J. G. Randall Distinguished Professor of History, UIUC, 2006-2016
- Rogers Distinguished Fellow in 19th-Century American History, the Huntington Library, San Marino, California, 2012-2013
- Distinguished Lecturer, Organization of American Historians, 2004-2007, 2010-2013
- Peter Seaborg Award for Civil War Scholarship, 2007
- Excellence in Teaching Award, University of California, Santa Cruz, 1998-99