1. Admissions schedule, 2017-18
- December 12: closing date at 5:00pm for submitting applications (December 1 for Aspire applicants)
- December 14: preliminary meeting of Admissions Committee
- December 15: Aspire nomination(s) due, preceded by faculty and Admissions Committee feedback.
- December 16-January 8: Admissions committee reviews files and seeks wide faculty input.
- January 16-18: Deadlines for Illinois Distinguished and Graduate College URM fellowships round 1
- January 22: Deadline for faculty evaluations of files and area subcommittee ranked lists to DGS
- Saturday January 27: Admissions committee meeting.
- March 2. Gender and Women’s grad symposium
- March 11-12: Graduate College Community of Scholars grad student visiting programs
- March 13-14: History Department’s Prospective Graduate Student Visiting Days: Diversity Recruitment Symposium (organized by Diversity Committee) on Wednesday the 14th (due to space availability) 9-2. Reception at DGS house on Tuesday the 13th.
- April 15: Deadline for student acceptances
3. Recruitment information: "faculty first," sample itinerary, etc -- coming soon
4. Admissions Committee 2018: DGS plus area subcommittees:
- United States: Augusto Espiritu and Leslie Reagan
- Europe (including Russia/Eurasia): Harry Liebersohn and Carol Symes
- AALAME plus Empire/Colonialism: Tariq Ali and Claudia Brosseder