- Latin American Military Dictatorships
- Latin American History
- Global History
- Brazilian Military Dictatorship, 1964-1985
Marilia Correa's dissertation examines the trajectories of enlisted men and officers who were expelled from the armed forces and persecuted during Brazil’s military dictatorship (1964-1985). Her research proposes an understanding of the dictatorship that critically examines the experiences of these former officers and soldiers.
- MA - Latin American and Caribbean Studies, University of Illinois at Urbana-Champaign.
- BA - International Relations, Faculdades de Campinas (FACAMP), Brazil.
- Summer 2012 – TINKER Foundation Summer Fellowship
- Summer 2014 – TINKER Foundation Summer Fellowship
- Summer 2015 – Pre-dissertation Summer Fellowship, Department of History – UIUC.
- Summer 2016 – Nelle M. Signor Graduate Scholarship in International Relations.
- Fall 2016 -- Department of History Fellowship
- Spring-Summer 2017 -- Lemann Institute Graduate Fellowship