The History Department has a number of courses that bend the normal format, approaching history in new ways while also preparing you for your future after graduation. These are some of our courses will help you think outside the box:
- Reacting to the Past -- Role-playing games set in the past
- Source Lab -- Use IT to create new ways of publishing the past
- Black Music -- What is real hip-hop?
- History Now! -- Current events through the lens of history
- U.S. Since 1932 -- The backstory to contemporary politics. Sources and assignments include podcasts
- Dashikis and Kwanzaa: The African in African-American -- community research and a sponsored trip to the African-American History Museum in Washington DC (to be offered as Hist 199 in spring 2019)